Welcome fellow Warriors and families, past, present, prospective and visitors to the Northern Warriors Veterans Football Club.
We acknowledge our sponsors for 2015 and their financial contributions to the Club:
- MAJOR SPONSORS – MACA and Future Design Builders
- SILVER SPONSOR – Ye Olde Narrogin Inne
- BRONZE SPONSORS – St George and Lateral Aspect
- WARRIOR SPONSORS – Elite Blockwork and A-Tec Communications
- WARRIOR SPONSORS – Mosa Australasia and The Finance Establishment
- WARRIOR SPONSORS – TRACS Airconditioning and GearUp Promotions
- WARRIOR SPONSORS – AutoOne and Contempo Bathrooms
- WARRIOR SPONSORS – Treacy Fencing and Call Out Emergency Lighting Services
- WARRIOR SPONSORS – Jim’s Antennas and Commonwealth Financial Planning
Our Coaches for the 2015 season are:
- Supers – Rob Claridge (Rat)
- Masters – Tony Collins (Cos)
- Seniors White – Brian Byrne (Burnsy)
- Seniors Blue – TBA.
The club has a strong social and family focus and all members are encouraged to participate in our social functions and fund raising throughout the year.
Remember, please support our club on and off the field and play in the spirit of “FOOTY FOR KICKS” and have an enjoyable and injury free season.
Supers 35 to 40
This is the premier age category where the standard is both high and fast paced. This is an 18 Team competition in the metropolitan area in which the Warriors have been a strong performing team in recent years.
Masters 40 to 45
This has been the Warriors gun team for many years. It boasts seasoned players who enjoy the game but still want a challenge each game day. This is a 10 Team competition and losses are not tolerated well.
The old fellows of the Club, most who still have a run in the other junior teams when they are short. Don’t let the age fool you; these guys like to play hard (both on and off the field) and there are so many of them that there are 2 Teams, seniors Blue and Seniors White competing in the 6 Team competition.
The game of AFL Masters (AFLM) provides an opportunity for players 35 years and over to enjoy the great game of Aussie Rules in a safe, supportive and fun environment.
After first commencing in 1980, Masters football has grown in WA to include 18 metropolitan clubs and 23 country clubs. The head organisation in WA is AFL Masters WA. The National body is made up of eight member State Associations and is played across the country by over 200 clubs throughout Australia.
AFLM has a national standardised set of modified rules designed to reduce the risks of injury and has the benefit of being acknowledged and supported by the AFL and the Australian Sports Commission.
The big annual event for AFLM is the National Carnival which is rotated among various State venues.
The National Carnival involves 3 match days with 5 different age divisions. Within each age group, there are normally 2 divisions with elevations between each division dependent upon previous success and location of the carnival:
- Supers 35 to 39 years
- Masters 40 to 44 years
- Seniors 45 to 49 years
- Super Seniors 50 to 54 years
- Legends 55 years and over
The Warriors are strong participants at the national Carnival with many players and officials representing the state over the years.